Change default calendar account "OK Google" creates events in

A

AC Question

When I create an event using "OK Google" it creates a calendar event, It's great. One issue - it creates the events in the wrong calendar. I use a non google email address for my default calendar. Google creates the event in my gmail account. When I hand create an event the event gets created in the correct non google calendar.

How do I get "OK Google" events to be created in the right calendar?

hallux

Q&A Team
Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
I believe it's creating the event in the calendar for the account to which you have Google Now linked. If your other account is a Google Apps account (hosted by Google but not a Gmail.com address) you should be able to select that account for Google Now.

geok1

Feb 12, 2016
Visit site
I ran into the same problem earlier today and was able to figure out a solution - if you don't already have the "OK Google" Search widget on your desktop, go ahead and put it there. Then click on the search bar and when that comes up click on the colorful "G" icon on the left, then click on the 3 horizontal bars "menu" icon in the top-left corner, then go to "Settings" -> "Accounts & Privacy", click on "Google Account" and select the account that you want to use as the "Default" for the Calendar.. That should fix it!!! :):):):):cool:

vaderag

Mar 19, 2016
Visit site
Cortana is better in a lot of ways, agreed. I do think OK Google has better voice recognition tho - it rarely hears me wrong - where as Cortana used to get me wrong frequently

hallux

Q&A Team
Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
Has anyone solved this issue? I'm having the same problem.

Are both your accounts Google accounts? If so, you need to set which account you have Google Now set up for, then the voice actions will work against that Google account. With a non-Google account, all bets are off, the APIs may not be available to "hook" to the calendar event creation.

hallux

Q&A Team
Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
My calendar is from iCloud. I don't use Google Now.

"OK Google" is verbal access to Google Now. So, if you use the phrase you use Google Now. The bottom line is - Google Now directly access the data stores for your Google account, it doesn't have that ability with an iCloud account. For instance - I asked for a reminder this morning, that reminder was placed on my calendar as an event.

How do you connect to the iCloud calendar?

marker227

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site
Re: Change default calendar account "OK Google" creates events in

I use smooth sync for iCloud on Google Play Store.

When I enter a calendar event manually on the Google Calendar app it works fine.

It's only Google Voice that gives me an issue.

S-Voice is adding my events to the correct calendar. Awesome!

Last edited:

Ted Balis

Jan 5, 2018
Visit site
Re: Change default calendar account "OK Google" creates events in - FIXED

Hi All,
I had this issue and it drove me nuts. Here's is how to fix it.

1. Download Cortana and set it up.
2. Once set up is completed ask cortana to create a calendar event
3. Cartana will prompt you to choose a calendar - select the calendar you want as your default calendar and select always.
4. Uninstall Cortana
5. enable google now and ask google now to create a calendar event. Google now will use the calendar you selected in cortana automatically.

Hope this helps

Headso

Jan 13, 2018
Visit site
I have a similar problem. Pixel 2 XL

I am using 2 different gmail accounts, one Personal and the other Work.

Due to administrator control of my work email i setup a work profile on my phone.
My issue is that my work calendar is my everything calendar BUT i can't get the Google Assistant to set it as my primary.

Can't set new calendar event properly. Can't get the proper events to show up on the "Another Widget" widget.

Any suggestions?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty