Can I call from an unactivated phone?

A

AC Question

I have an activated phone that I use everyday but I am getting another phone soon. I don't want to activate the new phone because of phone plans so I was wondering if there is a way where I can use an unactivated phone. I was thinking if I could do something like call forwarding or transfering or connecting the phones through bluetooth. Thanks

sethyboy

Sep 10, 2014
Visit site
I have an activated phone that I use everyday but I am getting another phone soon. I don't want to activate the new phone because of phone plans so I was wondering if there is a way where I can use an unactivated phone. I was thinking if I could do something like call forwarding or transfering or connecting the phones through bluetooth. Thanks

You can go to google.com/voice and create a free Google Voice number, then download Hangouts Dialer from the Play Store on your unactivated phone. This will allow you to make calls to any number in the world for free, but only over Wi-Fi or data. You can also have the number forward to your activated phone's number.