Question Annoying Messenger call sound

Fractus

Jan 14, 2024
Visit site
Hi. I'm really annoyed right now. I was sleeping and someone was calling to me on Messenger. I didn't wanted to answer so I've pressed the volume down button to make this calling quiet, but Messenger is alwyas ignoring that and was still calling loudly. It happens always since many years. This is super annoying, because I can mute even normal calls but not Messenger ones. Another annoying thing is that if I'm in a video call on messenger, I can turn down the volume, but I cannot turn it down completely and I see it on the volume bar that the minimum volume is like 10% and I cannot set it to 0% freely like other apps or even system phone calls. Help me please. I hate facebook and messenger, but situation is forcing me to use it. Sorry for my English, I'm Pole

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Your English is excellent. (y)

Have you already tried using the Do Not Disturb feature to prevent Messenger from allowing calls through while you're asleep?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I don't use FB Messenger so I can't test it, but it's possible that when it's ringing, your volume buttons are not appropriately defaulting to whichever channel that Messenger is using. For example, if Messenger's ringtone is controlled by the Ringtone/Notifications volume slider, but the volume button is defaulting to the Media volume slider while it's ringing, then pressing the volume button won't do anything. You'd have to press the volume button, then tap the 3-dot menu button to bring up all of the volume sliders, then adjust the appropriate volume slider there.

The next time you get a call on Messenger, see if you can adjust the volume of the ringer that way.

Reactions: Daniel Detkowski

Fractus

Jan 14, 2024
Visit site
I don't use FB Messenger so I can't test it, but it's possible that when it's ringing, your volume buttons are not appropriately defaulting to whichever channel that Messenger is using. For example, if Messenger's ringtone is controlled by the Ringtone/Notifications volume slider, but the volume button is defaulting to the Media volume slider while it's ringing, then pressing the volume button won't do anything. You'd have to press the volume button, then tap the 3-dot menu button to bring up all of the volume sliders, then adjust the appropriate volume slider there.

The next time you get a call on Messenger, see if you can adjust the volume of the ringer that way.
Yes I was already trying it as well :(... trying media volume, call volume, notifications volume... none of them was affecting messenger volume

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dxter