I lost my cell phone last Friday at a nightclub in Miami. I waited for almost a half day until the security person finally told me that nothing was turned in. Unfortunately, I was not aware about Android Service Manager and that I could access my phone remotely and wipe out all the info. I had al lot of pictures and videos there. The phone also had a security password. I went ahead and contact the cell carrier and suspended my services until I was able to get a new phone yesterday. Is there a way that I can still access my old phone after the new one has been activated? Please help, thanks!
    10-26-2015 11:40 AM
    Welcome to Android Central! Android Device Manager is often turned on by default. Go to google.com/android/devicemanager on your computer browser, and see if it shows up. If so, you can send a command to wipe the phone from there. But you can't remotely access the data on the phone. That's why you should always backup or sync your data on a regular basis, and make sure your photos are automatically backing up with Google Photos.

Assuming your lockscreen was active, your Google account is probably safe. But to be extra-safe, you may want to change your Google password now.
    10-26-2015 02:17 PM