Wifi connected but pages time out

A

AC Question

I have a SGH-I537 with 5.0.1. Lately, I noticed that even though the Wifi Connection is on, pages time out constantly. There are brief moments where the connection is good and can access pages, but most of the time it just doesn't work. I can ping to and from my laptop and phone without any missing packets. It authenticates fine with the AP, but can't access any page, even by IP address. Thinking that maybe the firmware was at fault, I reflashed to OC7, but it is still behaving the same. Is it possible that the WiFi radio is dying?

Papote1313

Jan 20, 2014
Visit site
I originally thought it was my router so I had changed the settings and back to factory default. Even at my work Wifi it is behaving the same. It authenticates without any problems with the Access Point but if I for example use Chrome to view any site it may say DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NO_INTERNET or more commonly ERR_TIMED_OUT. Other apps wait for connection to the internet and time out.

Funny thing is that the cellular radio works quite fine, though. I can also run WiFi Analyzer on the phone it doesn't show up that many APs, just one and it's on a far away channel.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Hmmmmmm.:-\ I got those errors when I was futzing around with my routers at home in an attempt to improve coverage, and had to go back to my original setup to get rid of them. So I was going to suggest that, but you're saying it also happens at work, so that kind of goes out the window.

What happens if you change the DNS server? The Ultimate Guide to Changing Your DNS Server. Try the Google DNS server, which I think is 8.8.8.8.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87