Nexus 6P always says charging rapidly

A

AC Question

So I actually have a 5X and a 6P. I know that they can both charge rapidly and will still charge, albeit slowly, with any given charger. When I plug the 5X into say an apple iphone charger or something that puts out fewer than 5v and 3amps it will say "charging" or "charging slowly" on the lock screen. When placed into a charger that outputs the desired 5v/3a it changes to "charging rapidly". HOWEVER, with the 6P, no matter what charger I plug it into, it states "charging rapidly"... not sure if there's something different about the two phones or if there's something wrong with my phone particularly... Just wanted to see if anyone else has had this show up to discuss my hypothesis. Let me know if anyone else has a similar finding!

elfrocampeador

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
Mine is, I think, a bit different... It says charging slowly when connected to, say, my PC, but when connected to the google charging brick it always seems to say charging rapidly. Isn't it supposed to slow down when it gets nearly full? I just want to make sure I'm not seeing anything weird.

(Also, when I unplugged this morning google play services kept crashing, I had to restart. That was weird)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
emii