YouTube update

Xerrox

Jan 13, 2016
Visit site
My phone (Innjoo Fire) came with YouTube pre-installed. Unfortunately it seems to be a very old version. I can't update it in the play store,it doesn't give the option. I tried deleting and reinstalling. From the play store I got an error when installing so I tried an apk. The apk downloaded but when I tried to install it said that I already had a file of that name on my phone. Any ideas of how I can fix this?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Was Google Play Store preinstalled on your phone, or did you have to install it yourself? If the latter, that means the phone isn't certified for Google Play, and therefore the Play Store isn't guaranteed to work correctly.

If Play Store was preinstalled, then what buttons do you see when you go to the YouTube app page? Install, Update, Open, Uninstall?

Xerrox

Jan 13, 2016
Visit site
Play Store was preinstalled, on the Youtube app page I saw the Install button. I tried using ES File Explorer (my phone is rooted) to delete every file to do with youtube. Nothing worked. Eventually I flashed a custom rom now it works.
Sorry about the almost-a-year late reply, I have't been on android central. Thanks