Batter life limited. Takes 3 days to charge

A

AC Question

I have the Galaxy tab 3 and the battery takes 3-4 days to charge from 15% to 100% and I only get maybe 3 hours of battery life out of the charge. I have all the other apps I'm not using closed, screen turned to the lowest light and doing just simple web browsing and emails. I have tried another charger (my wife had the same tablet) and hers charged in a few hours, still had same problem with mine.

nahoku

Jan 26, 2013
Visit site
How long have you owned this tablet? Supposedly it was released in 2013, so it could be your battery is just going bad. If you just bought it, I believe Samsung warrants batteries for 1 year. You might try contacting Samsung support. Or, you might look into getting repair shop to replace your battery.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
And from now on, after the initial conditioning (fully charge* the tab, let it run until it turns off [you don't have to leave it on, you can turn it off and on as you need it, but don't charge it again until it turns off], then fully charge it), try to never let it get below 40%. Lithium batteries don't do well if they're deep discharged. (I have 11 year old batteries that are still working.)

*"Fully charge" means let the phone reach 100%, then leave it on the charger for 30 minutes. Due to the way state of charge is measured**, at the moment the phone indicated 100%, it's about at 98%. The 30 minutes lets it charge up the additional 2%.

**SoC is measured by the voltage at the battery terminals. To charge the battery, the charging voltage has to be higher than the battery voltage, to "push" current into the battery. When the battery reaches about 98% charge, the charging voltage is about the voltage that should be across the battery terminals for 100% charge, so the phone indicates 100%. (The charging circuit turns off when the battery is actually 100% charged, so leaving it on an additional 30 minutes - or 30 days - won't harm anything.)

Last edited: