Insufficient Space Problem on Samsung Galaxy Ace 3

A

AC Question

Hi,

I have a Sumsung Galaxy Ace 3 (Model: GT-S7275R) with Android 4.2.2 installed. Whenever I try to download my email or install a new app, I get an error saying that I have insufficient space because the phone's storage space is full. I do, however, have a blank 32GB micro SD card installed. Please can someone tell me how to get the phone to use the micro SD card for storage so that it's no longer full up?

Thank you,
Joe

AlphaTango414

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
SD card will only support a few things on a system level. This is why I'm glad they are getting away from expandable storage in newer devices.

That said, move all of your media to your SD card. (Downloads/Pictures/Music/Video) You can do this either via pc or on your phone with a file manager app.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
About the only other thing you can do (and it's not a good idea, but it does work) is to root, then run an app like External 2 Internal SD (Root). It mounts the card as main storage, so you'll have a 32GB phone. (The reason not to is that SD cards aren't designed for that kind of use, so the card will go bad faster. Since you're still running an S3 [that's no problem - I'm still running a Note 3 - there's nothing out there to replace it with and it does everything I need], I assume you like keeping things a while, and the SD card will probably go bad before the phone will if you use it as main storage. That's fine - if you always keep everything on it backed up to a computer and.or a cloud account.)

joebeaven

Jul 9, 2015
Visit site
Thank you for the suggestions. I don't want to do any damage to my SD card if I can help it, so I'll leave the mounting option for a while at least. I've managed to free up a lot of space by clearing the data from the Yahoo Mail app which went down from 2.48GB to 22.49MB and appears to work just the same. I installed a file manager and will try to store files on the SD card as much as possible in future.