Can anyone help resolve a syncing error with my Galaxy S5 Gmail app?

A

AC Question

I'm getting the "Sync is currently experiencing problems. It will be back shortly." error message." only for my Gmail inbox, not for my calendar or contacts as I've seen so many people report experiencing problems with. My problem started about 36 hours ago, and I've tried every internet board/resource/suggestion to resolve the error to no avail, e.g. unchecked/rechecked the sync box, cleared the cache/data and rebooted, deleted the account and re-added, etc. In looking at the reviews for the Gmail app on Google play, it seems that several people have been experiencing a similar syncing issue since the last app update on Jan. 25, 2016, but I can't find a larger group of people talking about how to resolve it or when it might be resolved.
For a little additional background, I have two gmail accounts - one for work and one personal. I keep them separate on my Galaxy S5 by using the Inbox app for my personal email and Gmail app for my work. So, as luck would have it, the only one acting up is the affecting my work.
Any help or insight would be so appreciated!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non