Home screen icon notification count.

A

AC Question

Hi all

I'm new to Android (Win phone user) and I've just set up a Wileyfox Swift for a family member. However they report they are missing number count notifications on their home screen icons. That is little red circles that indicate the number of missed called, and unread SMS, Email (Outlook), whatsapp etc. I believe these may be called badges? Notifications are present on the lock screen and pull down notification area but it would great to have them on the home screen icons too.

I've googled and with the number of Android versions and possible work rounds my head hurts! A simple solution would be much appreciated as I would have limited time with the phone to resolve.

Thanks

--
John

hallux

Q&A Team
Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
Works on some Samsung devices (a feature of the TouchWiz overlay), otherwise you need a 3rd-party launcher and another app (the name of which escapes me right now) to get the badges.

tullyhubbert

Mar 26, 2016
Visit site
Thanks for the reply.

I've seen Nova launcher mentioned elsewhere. Forgive the newbie question but is it possible (And if so a sensible thing to do) to install Nova launcher on a Cyanogen phone with themes?