Is it worth to Upgrade to S7 from S5 after upgrading S5 battery

aagrawal

Sep 25, 2014
Visit site
I purchased S5 back in Sep 2014 and so far it is a nice phone. Recently my battery was draining fast (by the end of day, it was near 0%) so I replaced it with extended thick batter ~7500MAH and now it is easily running for 2 days. However now S7 is there with all the good specs. So not sure if it is really worth upgrading to S7 where battery cant be replaced.

benbird7

Aug 30, 2013
Visit site
I have had the Galaxy S7 Edge (Exynos) now for approximately 2 weeks I upgraded from my good old Faithful S5. I can honestly say when I use my S5 again it seems like the screen is too small and slow! :) The S7 edge has plenty good enough battery life I am seeing 4-5 hours screen on time and approximately 20 to 24 hours standby (varies depending on use) this is without any particular power saving on the device i.e apps syncing.

Obviously the S7 edge does have (no pun intended) the edge when it comes to the handset as the S5 is now 2 years old in technnology terms, certainly no regrets here. One of the other reasons is my internal storage of a lacklustre 16gb (10.5gb free with system) was getting remarkably low with whatsapp, the 32gb model I got transferred everything over and still have 18gb free :D

I was one of the people who said they would never get a phone without the ability have a removable battery. I got around this by purchasing a 25000mah external battery charger if I am out and about and I do need to keep the phone topped up.

Camera performance is excellent especially in low light conditions (the s5 is very good in better light conditions, but can be a little laggy on startup and you may miss the moment). The deal I got meant I was paying an extra £20 a month compared to my SIM only deal that I had for me it's worth at the front facing camera is a lot better too, for those of you who like selfies.

We'll see what the S8 has to bring and if they bring back removable batteries i'll have to wait 12 months until I can get one but that's another 11 months away. In the meantime no regrets and I would say from the S5 for the S7 Edge go for it, unless you're not too desperate and wait for the prices to start dropping.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty