Virus surviving ROM flash ?

A

AC Question

I think my sony xperia is infected with a very inconvenient virus. It seems like the motherboard is broken but it is not because absolutely nothing happened to the phone when it starts malfunctioning and actually the phone works in safe mode but I might be wrong and the phone is really dead?

So here's the story : Two weeks ago, I put down my fully working phone on my table and two hours later when I wanted to use it the phone was turned off, I tried to turn it on but it immediately shuts off as soon as it's connected to mobile network. If the phone is on airplanemode or without a sim card it works perfectly. What I find weird is that the phone doesn't actually shuts down with the message "powering off" but the display just turns black like the phone is still working.
It's funny because even if the phone was "off" it still managed to use 2 gb of mobile data in two days so that's why i'm thinking there is a virus. Anyway, I tried 3 differents rom (available on xperiafirmware(dot)com ) and my phone keeps turning off with my sim card but not with another but ONLY with android gingerbread 2.3! I ordered a new sim card and now the phone turns off when i send a message or try to use internet data. Google play won't open also but maybe it's because my android is deprecated. I installed avast antivirus from an apk hosting website but it doesn't detect anything...

What are you guys thinking ? Is my phone dead ? There was another thread and someone said that flashing new ROM will get rid of it but it doesn't in my case (http://forums.androidcentral.com/ask-question/517830-what-do-about-virus-stayed-even-after-factory-reset.html).

H3aTeRzz

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
Good Morning, and Welcome to Android Central!

It is my opinion that there is something hardware related going on; however, you could try to flash the Original Software back on the phone rather than 3rd party roms. That would be my recommendation, find the orginal firmware and flash with Odin if that's possible. If it still doesn't work, then I would think that there is a hardware related issue.

Hope this helps!

Chris

chuck51

Apr 2, 2016
Visit site
Hi guys!

I tried to flash with the sony software called "Sony PC Companion" but it didn't resolve my issue. I will soon try the famous "CyanogenMod" but I don't think it will works better. Actually it's working but sometimes the phone just turns off, I'd say 1 in 4 chance when sending or receiving a message or anything related with using network data. You may be right and the problem is hardware related with maybe the SIM card reader. I tried to replace it one week ago but the welds are too small and there's no way i can do it with my soldering iron. Anyway many thanks for all your help!

bogdan pascut

Feb 7, 2017
Visit site
hey i've got the same problem.. multiple rom flashing and the **** is still there... i know it's a virus caz i downloaded an app on my old phone and from there it just gone nuts with the internet conection....and now it's on my new phone any ideea how i can format all of the memory more than a recovery can... pls help

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non