How do I fix, mute symbol next to Contact's text thread

A

AC Question

Good evening, ladies and gents. I have samsung S6 and for some reason, a mute symbol now appears over the time of the last text I received from a certain contact.

I haven't blocked this contact and in it's settings, both the ringtone and the message tone are the default, however, since it showed up (naturally) I don't receive any sort of notification when it sends me a text message.

Can anyone help me?

Kmiller7304

Oct 17, 2016
Visit site
Thank you. Worked easy. I wonder why that happens?

I had the same issue but here is the fix..
1) open the text of the user
2) click on the down arrow beside their phone number top left (conversation setting should open)
3) change the notification setting (if the setting selector is grey then they are muted)

Your welcome!

1st time able to help someone on a forum

Done

Smiley_dawn06

Oct 20, 2016
Visit site
Just wanted to say thanks so much.. this just happened to me and my husband was muted and we been fighting over it because I didn't know how I did or or how to fix it..now it's fixed hopefully he will calm down and quit thinking I'm trying to avoid him...

1realbro

Oct 30, 2016
Visit site
2) click on the down arrow beside their phone number top left (conversation setting should open)
3) change the notification setting (if the setting selector is grey then they are muted)

Your welcome!

Done
thank it helped me out.

AndroidMom61

Oct 31, 2016
Visit site

Your welcome!

Done

Thanks. This drove me nuts.

Last edited by a moderator:

Lesia Cockerham

Nov 15, 2016
Visit site

Your welcome!

Done

Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:

Kim Frisbee

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
Brilliant! Thank you so much! A decade ago, I worked as a manager for 2 at&t retail stores; dedicated 6 good years of my life to learning everything there was to know about mobile devices and communication, and yet for the life of me, I could not figure that out! It astounds me how quickly the times change when it comes to technology ! The most advanced concepts of even a few years ago have become obsolete in today's market. It sure does make a gal feel old!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87