Reset problem

Michael Lantz2

Apr 18, 2015
Visit site
I have a Sony Xperia Z1s. It turns on screen looks fine but the screen will not respond to any touches whatsoever. I want to factory reset it but u have to use the touchscreen to do a full factory reset. I checked and the only reset available using only hardware buttons is a regular shutdown or a restart but no factory reset. If anyone out there knows how to fix the touchscreen or factory reset it without using the screen. Is there a way to initiate a factory reset using the USB connection? Any help at all will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Posted via the Android Central App

itguyjax8430

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
I have a Sony Xperia Z1s. It turns on screen looks fine but the screen will not respond to any touches whatsoever. I want to factory reset it but u have to use the touchscreen to do a full factory reset. I checked and the only reset available using only hardware buttons is a regular shutdown or a restart but no factory reset. If anyone out there knows how to fix the touchscreen or factory reset it without using the screen. Is there a way to initiate a factory reset using the USB connection? Any help at all will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Posted via the Android Central App

Welcome to Android Central!

You can try booting in to recovery mode and resetting through that menu. You will not need to touch the screen to do that.

https://support.t-mobile.com/docs/DOC-9904

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez