Question S22 keeps restarting

Xeno_Slayer

Jan 23, 2024
Visit site
It's been doing this ever since the one ui 6 update. It'll just constantly restart itself.
I've put it in safe mode and it still does it. I've factory reset it and it still does it the only time it doesn't seem to do it is when I'm not connected to Wi-Fi or at least it'll take a while before doing it again I also noticed that the battery starts getting hot a bit every time it resets and also the battery is drained about 3 percent after the restart. Everything is up to date webview and all so if anyone knows anything please let me know. Thank you

Xeno_Slayer

Jan 23, 2024
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! How often does it happen? If it's pretty frequent, then see if it happens in Safe Mode as well: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00062983/. If it doesn't, then some app you installed is probably glitching after the update and causing system instability.
It happens pretty frequently and yes I've tried safe mode it happens there too. It happens more frequently when the WiFi is on using data helps it a bit but it still restarts

Xeno_Slayer

Jan 23, 2024
Visit site
Whoops, sorry -- just realized you had mentioned Safe Mode in your original post.

I don't think it's too surprising that it heats up and the battery drops a bit after a reset, because it takes energy to set things back up and reinstall apps.

This probably won't help, but try wiping the cache partition: https://www.hardreset.info/devices/samsung/samsung-galaxy-s22-5g/recovery-mode/
I've attempted that already too 😩 and no it didn't help it at all. My guess is that it must be a software bug or something

Xeno_Slayer

Jan 23, 2024
Visit site
Welcome to AC!
This is a Samsung s22?
How often is it restarting? Every hour ? Once a Day? What's the frequency
It's random. Sometimes it'll do it multiple times within the same hour so probably 4 to 8 minutes apart per hour but that's if I'm on wifi. If I'm on data then it'll last longer before restarting. So basically it's just random from what it feels.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
It's random. Sometimes it'll do it multiple times within the same hour so probably 4 to 8 minutes apart per hour but that's if I'm on wifi. If I'm on data then it'll last longer before restarting. So basically it's just random from what it feels.
Ok few things to try
1. Settings>apps>3 dots upper right corner tap>reset app preferences

2. Settings>general management>reset>reset settings.

3. Go into recovery wipe cache , if has option repair apps do that as well.

4. Check device care check any apps misbehaving (,will show screenshots)

5. Worst case scenario need to flash the stock firmware again
Screenshot_20240124_001112_Device%20care.jpgScreenshot_20240124_001136_Samsung%20Members.jpg

Reactions: J Dubbs

Xeno_Slayer

Jan 23, 2024
Visit site
Ok few things to try
1. Settings>apps>3 dots upper right corner tap>reset app preferences

2. Settings>general management>reset>reset settings.

3. Go into recovery wipe cache , if has option repair apps do that as well.

4. Check device care check any apps misbehaving (,will show screenshots)

5. Worst case scenario need to flash the stock firmware again
View attachment 358962View attachment 358963
How do you flash the stock firmware? And what does that mean exactly

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dxter