Note 3 Stopped Charging/Won't Turn on

A

AC Question

I was using my phone outside with my mobile data on and I felt that my phone was hot (not too hot because i've encountered some days that it was too hot) and while using it with my powerbank on (which halfway lose its energy) my phone shut down by 3%. It was unusual because it turns off by 1%. When I got home, I tried charging my phone with my charger but then nothing showed up even the LED or Battery sign. So i'm like "okay i should buy a new cord" because it looks faulty. I bought a new one but then still the same problem. What should i do?

sydneycooper1979

Moderator Sergeant at Arms
Jan 17, 2012
Visit site
I know you don't want to spend money, but it does sound like you need a new battery. Luckily Note 3 batteries aren't as expensive anymore. You should be able to pick one up on Amazon for a decent price. Good luck!

I Eat Pears

Apr 30, 2016
Visit site
I know you don't want to spend money, but it does sound like you need a new battery. Luckily Note 3 batteries aren't as expensive anymore. You should be able to pick one up on Amazon for a decent price. Good luck!

hi im back again. unfortunately, there is no problem with the battery. they tried testing my battery and they said there's no power. they also tested another battery on my phone and still, no signs. so it could be a LCD or any hardware issues. hope not.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Have you tried charging on a wall outlet overnight, without disturbing it? If you drained the phone to zero (or near zero), it might need an extended charge before it holds enough juice to power on.

BTW, that avatar is hilarious!

I Eat Pears

Apr 30, 2016
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Have you tried charging on a wall outlet overnight, without disturbing it? If you drained the phone to zero (or near zero), it might need an extended charge before it holds enough juice to power on.

BTW, that avatar is hilarious!

hi there! i didnt tried charging it overnight but i charging it about 30-45 mins. Nothing showed up except that the back part of my phone is warmer than usual. anyways, i want to try charging it overnight but its still under repair. maybe if the price is too big for repair, i'll try to figure it out myself.

and also, thanks for the compliment on my avatar. 😂

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
If the battery is totally dead it'll take about an hour on the charger before it starts charging, so 30-45 minutes won't do anything. Also, you shouldn't discharge the battery below 40%. Lithiums aren't deep-discharge batteries.

Id sounds, however, as if something went on the motherboard, causing the heat. If so, that would mean having a new motherboard installed (which wouldn't pay, because you can buy a good used Note 3 for about the same price).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty