Problems with Texting Moto 3G

A

AC Question

Hello, I have a moto 3G that I purchased in February. It's been a great phone but for the past week or so it's been giving me some problems with texting. It started 3 or 4 days ago with my messages getting stuck on sending and not sending at all and I wasn't receiving texts from anybody. I came to find out later that AT&T was experiencing nationwide issues with texting. After about a day of that, it seemingly fixed itself. Now, since about yesterday my messages are getting stuck on sending again and I have to copy the text and send it again to get the message to send and sometimes even that doesn't work. Also every time I send(or attempt) to send a message, I get a message saying that Messaging has stopped and it takes me back to the screen where it shows all of my conversations.

I'm thinking that it might have something to do with the fact that I have just recently, yesterday as a matter of fact reached the 10,000 message point with my girlfriend and I'm wondering if that is causing problems with messaging. I really don't want to delete all the messages as I'd like to have them to read through occasionally.

Does anybody know what's going on and how to fix it?

Thanks

By the way, I'm running Android 6.0 Marshmallow