My battery is trash and i cant contact android.

A

AC Question

I recently got a knew Android with the insurance through sprint, ive had it for about 2 or 3 months and the battery is the worst ive ever had takes forever to charge and dies in about 1 to 2 hours depending on use. It also freezes alot but i can look past that i just dont understand why it dosnt hold its charge. Im very disappointed. I have been an android user for 7 years and it would be a shame if i have to go to iPhone just because of my battery. I hope you can help me

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
If you've been trying to draw the last ounce of power from the battery, 2-3 months is probably end-of-life for the battery - lithium is not a deep-discharge technology. The battery should never be allowed to drop below 40%. (It doesn't care that you must get to this site, or get that download - when it hits 40%, if you don't have a power pack, or are near a charger, turn it off.)

To get a new battery, contact a repair shop - opening an Android device isn't a D-I-Y project. (Or, since it's still under warranty, let Sprint replace it.)

BTW, "Android" is Google, and they don't make phones or tablets, just software to run on them.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87