Additional incorrect location line on lock screen

A

AC Question

I'm looking for some advice on the lock screen on my HTC One M9 please?

I have the standard Weather Clock and up to now it displayed the weather conditions and local time, followed by the temperature, current location and date. The current location updated as I moved and all worked well.

After a recent trip to Melbourne this is all still the same, still works as before, but a new line has been added showing a 'Home' icon (like a little house), followed by the word 'Melbourne' and the time and date (which also updates correctly).

I have restarted the phone several times, checked location settings, uninstalled the clock and weather apps and reinstalled, cleared their data and caches but none of that works.

I just want to get rid of this extra Home line which is wrong and annoying - please can anyone help?

Jatzbak

May 18, 2016
Visit site
Screenshot1.jpg

I have the exact the same problem on my HTC One M8. I've just returned from visiting family in New Jersey and now my lock screen shows my current location in the weather app, but underneath it says Mendham and the local time there. I have also tried clearing caches, resetting location, etc but nothing seems to help. This is very annoying. Anyone have any ideas to fix this?

Thanks.

eacc22

May 22, 2016
Visit site
I've figured out how to fix it. If you go into the "clock" app that comes installed on your HTC, it will show a few clocks, using the top right hand settings bar, it allows you to change your home location to any city you select by selecting "set home time zone," I'm out of my home city right now, but I assume if the home and the current location are the same the second clock should disappear.

rkn88

Jul 18, 2016
Visit site
Hi, first, apologies for not following this up much sooner! (I posted the original question.) I tried the fix suggested by eacc22, but there's a problem. I live in a small Australian town (Ocean Shores) and while the clock correctly shows Ocean Shores as current location when I'm at home, Ocean Shores isn't in the list of city options when I try to change the home time zone.
I have another idea which I'll try: Brisbane being a major city does appear in the list and I'll be visiting there this weekend. I changed my home time zone to Brisbane as per eacc22 so we'll see what happens (if anything) when I get there. Even if that fixes it I suspect some random place might appear when I come home again - I'll post again with the outcome. Many thanks for this suggestion.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa