Why does my samsung S5 take a long time to charge?

A

AC Question

My phone takes a good 6 hours to charge from 5% - 100%. I've tested this out. I went to bed 12am with my phone with under 10% battery. I woke up at 5:45am and it was at 94%. By 6:30am, it was at the 100% mark.

I make sure that I charge my phone when it needs to be.

I would say that I'm a regular user. I listen to music when I'm walking to the train station. I check emails, browse the web and play games when I'm on the train. When I'm at work, I barely touch my phone except for when I need to check quick notifications.

My battery does last all day, I can't complain. However, I just don't understand why it takes 6hrs to charge. Surely this isn't normal?

I would love to hear people's reasons behind why it does so.

Thanks for reading.

bigphlp

May 15, 2016
Visit site
My phone takes a good 6 hours to charge from 5% - 100%. I've tested this out. I went to bed 12am with my phone with under 10% battery. I woke up at 5:45am and it was at 94%. By 6:30am, it was at the 100% mark.

I make sure that I charge my phone when it needs to be.

I would say that I'm a regular user. I listen to music when I'm walking to the train station. I check emails, browse the web and play games when I'm on the train. When I'm at work, I barely touch my phone except for when I need to check quick notifications.

My battery does last all day, I can't complain. However, I just don't understand why it takes 6hrs to charge. Surely this isn't normal?

I would love to hear people's reasons behind why it does so.

Thanks for reading.

Have you called samsung, or taken the phone to a Samsung experience shop? The warranty is for one year, but after that time they can still repair the device for you.
Is your software up to date? That can effect charging as well. Is the charger a Samsung fast charger? If it is a third party charger, there is no guarantee from Samsung that it will be covered.

Posted via the Android Central App

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress