*HELP* "Unfortunately, Google Play Store has stopped" whenever making in-app purchase

WillK145

May 26, 2016
Visit site
I've done my research on this problem, but have found only results from people saying this happens randomly of every several seconds.

For me, this has occurred whenever making an in-app purchase OR trying to change the required authentication to make in app purchases. I get the message immediately after putting in my password to verify, but only if I enter the correct password. Entering an incorrect password gives the normal "password incorrect" message.

I have tried everything suggested in other threads, short of factory resetting my phone, as I am abroad for a month and would rather do this with my regular computer/resources back home. My attempts have included clearing caches for Google play store and Google play services, disabling and re-enabling the two, deleting and resetting my Google account, resetting app preferences, and, of course, restarting my phone at least a dozen times.

For some additional info, I am using an unrooted, 6 month old Verizon lg v10, and the problem occurred occasionally in the past, but regularly only recently. Any help or advice would be incredibly appreciated. Thank you!

WillK145

May 26, 2016
Visit site
UPDATE: still no solution, but I have additional info. I removed my current Google account and added a different one, still no use. The problem comes when making in app purchases, switching to fingerprint authentication, or changing how often I am required to authenticate. Occasionally after receiving the message that Google play store has stopped working, I get another saying that the setup wizard is not working. I have uninstalled and reinstalled both Google play store and Google play services, using several different versions of the store, all to no avail.

It's unfortunately looking like I'll have to cope until I get home and can factory reset the phone, but if anyone had any other suggestions, I will definitely give them a go.

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
*HELP* "Unfortunately, Google Play Store has stopped" whenever making in-app purchase

I doubt that this will do it, but try clearing the cache of Download Manager.
Also doubtful, but, if you're using one, SD card trouble?

Frank07

May 29, 2016
Visit site
I have this same exact issue also with a V10 but thru T-Mobile. I have also tried everything except a factory reset. I might give that a shot tonight tho seeing as how a fix doesn't otherwise exist. I'll let you know if it works.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Hi, thanks for the response! Yes, I've tried with Google credit, PayPal, and a credit card.

Does your phone have a fingerprint sensor? If so, can you set it up to verify the purchases, instead of using a password?

Frank07, see what happens if you use your V10's fingerprint sensor.

wiscass

Jul 26, 2016
Visit site
I've done my research on this problem, but have found only results from people saying this happens randomly of every several seconds.

For me, this has occurred whenever making an in-app purchase OR trying to change the required authentication to make in app purchases. I get the message immediately after putting in my password to verify, but only if I enter the correct password. Entering an incorrect password gives the normal "password incorrect" message.

I have tried everything suggested in other threads, short of factory resetting my phone, as I am abroad for a month and would rather do this with my regular computer/resources back home. My attempts have included clearing caches for Google play store and Google play services, disabling and re-enabling the two, deleting and resetting my Google account, resetting app preferences, and, of course, restarting my phone at least a dozen times.

For some additional info, I am using an unrooted, 6 month old Verizon lg v10, and the problem occurred occasionally in the past, but regularly only recently. Any help or advice would be incredibly appreciated. Thank you!

Have you figured this out yet mine has been doing this for a while now and nothing I have tried has worked.

Last edited:

ZeroConsistancy

Jul 31, 2016
Visit site
Allright everyone i got the solution for the LG V10 on this annoying authenticator issue. the short answer is go into fingerprint and security and enable your use of fingerprints and enable a lock screen so that it is set up and active and able to unlock your screen also using your fingerprint. once that is done go back into the google play store and into your settings you should be able to disable the purchase authenticator. or modify the settings and not have it crash when you enter your password to confirm your choice.

Here is how i came about this solution. i got pretty frustrated with the whole issue myself while trying to make in app purchases with my V10 so i called up google. after getting the whole clear your data/cache/uninstall/reinstall runaround all of which did absolutely nothing towards fixing my problem and the google tech was telling me to factory reset my phone and possibly get a new phone..... i opted to move on and speak to someone from LG. well the conversation went pretty much the same as the google conversation however through the course of going through all of this i was asked to try to make a purchase using another device. i happened to have my old S5 sitting around (using it for a pipboy with fallout 4) anyway so i went in there and had no issue making an in app purchase whatsoever. took me until the next day to put 2 and 2 together and realize that the fingerprint and security settings must be conflicting with the play store purchase authentication and blocking it causing the play store to crash anytime you try to authenticate a purchase. I hope this information helps all of you fix at least this particular phone woe.

My Specs are
Verizon Carrier
LG V10 VS990.0
Play Store Build Version 6.8.24.F-all[0] 3085398
OS Version 6.0 security patch level 2016-06-01

Wlynnd

Aug 6, 2016
Visit site
You are a **GENIUS**. This has been a problem on my V10 for months...just tried the fingerprint trick, and it worked. Thanks so much!

Allright everyone i got the solution for the LG V10 on this annoying authenticator issue. the short answer is go into fingerprint and security and enable your use of fingerprints and enable a lock screen so that it is set up and active and able to unlock your screen also using your fingerprint. once that is done go back into the google play store and into your settings you should be able to disable the purchase authenticator. or modify the settings and not have it crash when you enter your password to confirm your choice.

Here is how i came about this solution. i got pretty frustrated with the whole issue myself while trying to make in app purchases with my V10 so i called up google. after getting the whole clear your data/cache/uninstall/reinstall runaround all of which did absolutely nothing towards fixing my problem and the google tech was telling me to factory reset my phone and possibly get a new phone..... i opted to move on and speak to someone from LG. well the conversation went pretty much the same as the google conversation however through the course of going through all of this i was asked to try to make a purchase using another device. i happened to have my old S5 sitting around (using it for a pipboy with fallout 4) anyway so i went in there and had no issue making an in app purchase whatsoever. took me until the next day to put 2 and 2 together and realize that the fingerprint and security settings must be conflicting with the play store purchase authentication and blocking it causing the play store to crash anytime you try to authenticate a purchase. I hope this information helps all of you fix at least this particular phone woe.

My Specs are
Verizon Carrier
LG V10 VS990.0
Play Store Build Version 6.8.24.F-all[0] 3085398
OS Version 6.0 security patch level 2016-06-01

Amir2016

Dec 9, 2016
Visit site
Google is an *** for not putting out a fix for this problem that has been plaguing so many of its customers. Had it been Microsoft a patch would have already been sent out. So why the hell is the company responsible lhis problem leave it up to its customers to solve it?

Breeticus

Oct 27, 2017
Visit site
Well I have no idea if this will help anyone, however I have had this problem for about a month now and I just figured it out. As it turns out the card information i put in was correct, however as a strange turn of events, my personal info (such as name on the card, Zip Code, City) was wrong. Not exactly sure why it tried to default me to some city I have never even heard of called Golinda but after I corrected my personal info it worked perfectly. So apparently it has a very sensitive background check, so maybe that is a tad annoying, but I suppose it is better than the alternative in which some sites just take the information, and do not check personal info.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non