Galaxy Gear Permanently Bricked?

A

AC Question

I have an original Galaxy Gear, model V700 as always. A few months ago I had rooted it and flashed _nullrom to it. I grew bored of it and the battery life sucked worse than stock firmware so I reset the entire watch. Everything went back to normal, but maybe a month and a half ago I had offered it to a family member as a Fitbit replacement. They declined, so I just put it in a drawer and it eventually died.

Fast forward a month and a half later and I end up getting a Galaxy Note 5. I remembered I had my Gear, so I tried turning it on: No success.

I tried using the crappy 3rd party cradle I had gotten when I had bought it used: No success.

Tried at least 15 different power bricks/mUSB cords: No success.

Finally, a few days ago, I ordered the original charging cradle. Plugged it in. Still no success. I got a few half second flashes on the screen of the battery with the spinning watchhand on it, and I rarely get that, but so far no luck. I'm sure it charges as the watch and the case get warm, it just doesn't want to power up. It's not the screen as it flashed a few times. I unplugged and replugged the battery when I first took it out again. Any ideas guys? Don't wanna waste 250-300 on a newer Gear when I have a perfectly (un)usable watch right here...