Phone doesn't recognize USB connection. Please help?

A

AC Question

Hi all. I am the happy owner of a Huawei P8, but lately I've been running into the same problem. I'd really like to transfer some data from my phone to my laptop, but my phone doesn't seem to recognize it's connected via USB. It does charge, though, it just doesn't give me the option to use any other kind of USB mode. I've already tried (and failed) the following options:

- using other USB cables
- using different computers
- rebooting both my phone and my computer
- installing new drivers on my computer

I've also tried debugging USB on my phone, but when I go into developer options (whilst connected to USB), it doesn't allow me to enable debug mode. I can't seem to switch it on. It says in lightgrey text: 'USB debugging, Debug mode when USB is connected'; once more indicating it doesn't recognize its USB connection.

Does anyone know of a solution that might work? 'Cause I'm kind of at a loss here.

Thanks.

applebonker jr

Jun 1, 2016
Visit site
Hi,

I am having the same issue with my Galaxy S5. When connected via USB to my PC it shows the phone connected (and it is charging) but there is no way to see the content.

This started happening AFTER I upgraded to Marshmallow.

This is bad because I like to drag and drop music from my PC to my phone. Now it seems impossible to do this. Any answers would be helpful.

Thanks

applebonker jr

Jun 1, 2016
Visit site
I found the solution. At least on my Galaxy S5.

Since Marshmallow upgrade when you plug in to USB the phone now defaults to "charging only!"

After plugged in I swipe down the notification bar and it shows "USB charging". I tap on that and then the options appear\. You need to select "Transfer Files" and then the PC will recognize everything.

Unfortunately you have to do this every time.

Stupid, I know. But at least it now works.

Hope this helps,

Applebonker jr.