My phone got hacked!

A

AC Question

So, this morning my One M8 started acting really strangely, as in i would scroll down in some app, and it would randomly go to the home screen, just like someone else would be touching the home button, at first i didn't think much of it, but the problem got worse and i couldn't use the phone anymore, it was like someone else was controlling my phone, including setting the display to timeout immediately so i wouldn't use it. As soon as i turned off wi-fi and mobile data the problems stopped and i was able to gain control of my phone, now, what can i do to prevent this from happening again? I installed malwarebytes and scanned the phone, it says my phone is safe, but i don't feel safe enough to turn on my mobile data again. What can i do to make sure my phone is fine?

the tall guy

Q&A Team
Sep 23, 2013
Visit site
Hi - first things first, it's more than likely that you're phone isn't being hacked. Have you considered performing a factory reset on the device? this will remove any nonsense apps / files that could be causing your phone to act up. Try this and come back to us if the issue is still the same.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non