Question Pixel 6 pro - hacked or system issues?

mathhelp

Nov 10, 2023
Visit site
Hi everyone,

So, I'm having some weird issues with my Pixel. Phone not even ringing so I get voicemails out of nowhere. Instagram randomly stopped showing all my DMs until I brought it up to someone a few days later.

Well, I saw your TikTok about having your computer infiltrated. I think my phone may have an issue. Symptoms are unregistered touch commands (meaning not responsive) and a few apps acting weird.

TikTok - clicking on a profile will lead me to a random profile, I have to back out and try again. Audio from other videos overlay on current video.

Calls - sometimes the phone won't ring and I won't know until the other person picks up.

I really don't want to reset but I don't know what else to do. Is my phone hacked or something or?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! It's actually pretty rare to be "hacked" in the classic sense, as long as you follow common sense security guidelines. Review these:
“I’ve been hacked” - Android Forums at AndroidCentral.com
[GUIDE] How To Avoid Malware - Android Forums at AndroidCentral.com

Chances are it's just a glitch, perhaps due to some 3rd party app you installed. See if you still have problems in Safe Mode (but you'll only be able to test preinstalled apps while in Safe Mode): https://support.google.com/pixelphone/answer/2852139?hl=en