Samsung j5 Camera Failed Problem!!

A

AC Question

I have a new Samsung Galaxy j5 and it had been working fine. One day when I tried to switch to a back camera on Snapchat it would either freeze or the screen would go black. The problem isn't only on the app, even on the default camera an error would come up and say "Warning Camera Failed". I know this is a common problem on the Galaxy's but the thing is I got it to work by turning the phone off, taking out the battery, clearing the data on the camera app but it came back to the camera failed thing in 10 minutes or so. The front camera on snapchat works perfectly fine andI really need help.
Thanks if you got to the end!

itguyjax8430

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
I have a new Samsung Galaxy j5 and it had been working fine. One day when I tried to switch to a back camera on Snapchat it would either freeze or the screen would go black. The problem isn't only on the app, even on the default camera an error would come up and say "Warning Camera Failed". I know this is a common problem on the Galaxy's but the thing is I got it to work by turning the phone off, taking out the battery, clearing the data on the camera app but it came back to the camera failed thing in 10 minutes or so. The front camera on snapchat works perfectly fine andI really need help.
Thanks if you got to the end!

Welcome to Android Central!

There could be an issue with the camera module itself. You can try doing a factory reset to see if that fixes it, if it does not then you might need to get it replaced.