Do I lose all my downloads and saved pictures if I "clear all data" on Google Play Services?

nsummer

Jul 10, 2016
Visit site
Do I lose all my downloads and saved pictures if I "clear all data" on Google Play Services?

It's using too much internal memory so I need to see if clearing data will help, but I don't want to lose downloaded songs and pics/movies saved on internal storage space. I would like to know what "data" exactly Google Play Services will clear.

1st Gen MotoX

TJA3500

Mar 17, 2016
Visit site
Re: Do I lose all my downloads and saved pictures if I "clear all data" on Google Play Services?

The only thing that would be erased would be things like search history from Google Search, Google Now and Chrome. Maybe Google Launcher setiings.

nsummer

Jul 10, 2016
Visit site
Re: Do I lose all my downloads and saved pictures if I "clear all data" on Google Play Services?

Thanks for your prompt reply!! So I won't lose things like phone contacts stored locally?

TJA3500

Mar 17, 2016
Visit site

No, you'll won't lose anything important.
Go to applications and click on Google Play Services. Under storage, you should be able to clear data.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site

So I won't lose things like phone contacts stored locally?
Bad idea. Always store your contacts to Google. (If your phone gets run over by a truck, the driver can buy you a new phone, but you still have to enter all the contacts by hand. If they're Google contacts, they're restored, as long as you sync them.)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty