Can you replace only the glass on an HTC One m8 without disassembling the phone?

pong lenis

Jul 14, 2016
Visit site
If you see how an HTC One m8 looks like, the glass actually bulges outward, there's no bezel securing it. The glass on mine has a long hairline crack going from one end to the other, I was wondering if I could replace the glass without disassembling the phone, i.e. I just heat it up with a hairdryer and remove the glass using some dental floss. This seems like the only way since this particular phone is impossible to disassemble without breaking it.

Plus look at this guy, he did it with an iphone:
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=KoQQm4AaM1w

nahoku

Jan 26, 2013
Visit site
Removing the glass is one thing... installing the new glass is another. There's adhesive between the glass and the digitizer. If you can remove the old glass and all the old adhesive and then apply new adhesive and install a new glass screen, then I don't see why it shouldn't work. There are lots of videos on youtube showing how to remove and replace just the glass. All are basically the same. If you don't want to have someone repair your screen for you, then see if you can do it yourself.

The vid you linked is just for removing the glass. Installing a new glass "cleanly" is another matter.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty