Why would my phone be acting weirdly all of a sudden?

A

AC Question

Samsung Galaxy S6

I'm putting this question to you guys on behalf of my girlfriend. I've not had an Android phone for a few years so I'm at a bit of a loss with what could be causing the issue.

Basically, what she's said is...

The screen/apps just seem to be bouncing around. An example, in an attempt to send me a message on WhatsApp, the keyboard that pops up when you click in the text box disappeared as if she had not clicked in there, then re-appeared, disappeared, then went back to the home screen, re-opened, closed the app altogether. 4-times in a row.

She's saying it seems to mostly happen with WhatsApp but has happened with other apps too. I've advised to uninstall/reinstall the app to see if it makes any difference.

Is this something anyone has come across before? The phone is less than 2 months old. Currently, I don't know what version of software it's running on. She hasn't downloaded any new apps since it's started happening and hasn't installed anything from outside of the Play Store. The phone hasn't been dropped or been subject to any water damage etc.

I've tried to cover some of the basic things that someone may ask. If you need some more details, let me know and I can try and find out.

H3aTeRzz

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
Hi

A recent software update, could be causing the issue(s). There are 2 options, hopefully the first one works.

1. Enter Recovery Mode, and do a wipe of the Cache Partition. No Data Loss.

2. Full Factory Reset. All Data Loss, Phone as New. Back up your important items.

Hope this helps, let us know.

Chris

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
danishpeer