Note 2 N7100 Odin flash fail after NAND write | Need fix

A

AC Question

I have Galaxy Note 2 GT-N7100 International Model running Android 4.4.2 KitKat N7100XXUFNL1 firmware. It was working fine until recently it crashed and upon reboot it stuck on Samsung Note II logo.

While flashing stock firmware via Odin I get the following error. I also tried flashing latest TWRP but end up with the same error: NAND Write Start!! and fail

Odin Says:
<ID:0/003> Added!!
<OSM> Enter CS for MD5..
<OSM> Check MD5.. Do not unplug the cable..
<OSM> Please wait..
<OSM> N7100XXUFNL1_N7100ODDFNI1_N7100DDUFND1_HOME.tar.md 5 is valid.
<OSM> Checking MD5 finished Sucessfully..
<OSM> Leave CS..
<ID:0/003> Odin v.3 engine (ID:3)..
<ID:0/003> File analysis..
<ID:0/003> SetupConnection..
<ID:0/003> Initialzation..
<ID:0/003> Get PIT for mapping..
<ID:0/003> Firmware update start..
<ID:0/003> sboot.bin
<ID:0/003> NAND Write Start!!
<ID:0/003>
<ID:0/003> Complete(Write) operation failed.
<OSM> All threads completed. (succeed 0 / failed 1)

I hv tried different Odin versions including Odin 3.09, 3.11.1, 3.1.85, 3.4.0. Same error. Tried on Windows 10 an I don't have kies and tried all of my usb ports. Installed latest drivers + I hv never modified this device neither rooted or tinkered ever. Removed battery for each operation. I am afraid to use any PIT files as wrong PIT file may completely brick it.

Moreover, booting into stock recovery gets the following errors:

E:failed to mount /cache (Invalid argument)
E:Can't mount /cache
Installation aborted.
E:failed to mount /cache (invalid argument
E:Can't mount /cache/recovery/log
E:Can't open /cache/recovery/log
E:failed to mount /cache (Invalid argument)
E;Can't mount /cache/recovery/last_log
E:Can't open /cache/recovery/last_log
E:Failed to mount /cache (Invalid argument)
E:Can't mount /cache/recovery/last_install
E:Can't open /cache/recovery/last_install
E:Failed to mount /cache (Invalid argument)

However, I get recovery menus but cannot factory reset or wipe. I can't find a solution fo it. Any help will be appreciated.

Gonzalo bernal

Oct 30, 2018
Visit site
I have Galaxy Note 2 GT-N7100 International Model running Android 4.4.2 KitKat N7100XXUFNL1 firmware. It was working fine until recently it crashed and upon reboot it stuck on Samsung Note II logo.

While flashing stock firmware via Odin I get the following error. I also tried flashing latest TWRP but end up with the same error: NAND Write Start!! and fail

However, I get recovery menus but cannot factory reset or wipe. I can't find a solution fo it. Any help will be appreciated.

hello bro!!!!!!
have you been able to solve this problem? I have exactly the same problem. Thank you.

hallux

Q&A Team
Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
hello bro!!!!!!
have you been able to solve this problem? I have exactly the same problem. Thank you.

The post you quoted was posted by our guest account over 2 years ago. It's unlikely that person has never returned as the question they were asked was not answered. At the time the question was posted that device was quite old, and it's even older now. Sorry.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non