What's the real reason of choppy slow-mo video on Nexus6P ?

A

AC Question

Many people have complainted that the slow-motion recording on Nexus6P is choppy, which can only be fixed by rebooting the device. Some people suggested it might be a RAM issue or cache issue that caused this problem. But the fact is that I have a lot RAM (about 1GB or more) left and also cleared all cached data, while the slow-motion recording is still choppy. And only reboot fix it. So, does anyone know the real reason of this problem? Thanks a lot!

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Interesting--I just noticed this myself, and after a reboot, as you suggested, it corrected itself. When you say you cleared cached data, do you mean from the app, or from the system cache partition?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Hmm, it'd be interesting to see if this crops up again if the phone is booted into Safe Mode. But it can be a hassle to keep it in Safe Mode while waiting to see if it happens again.

Otherwise, send Google some feedback about the issue. I'll do the same.

Zheng Jiang

Jul 31, 2016
Visit site
I believe Google know this issue. But it will be a long time to wait for their solutions. I just cannot figure out what could be the possible reason since there is no RAM issue and no a lot of junk.
The slow-motion function requires high-performance CPU. Is there any possibility that Snapdragon 810 may has some defects that caused this issue? Or maybe some system applications or some other APPs affected the performance of CPU?