I think my phone is bricked, sort of.

A

AC Question

Hello. I have a ROOTED Verizon Galaxy S3 SCH-i535 16GB with a 32GB SD and I was trying to install CyanogenMod 13. I got my bootloader unlocked with EZ-Unlocker (or whatever that unlocker is called) and a message popped up at the bottom saying my bootloader was unlocked. I then downloaded TWRP from the Play Store and found the backup option, selected all of the checkboxes EXCEPT Cache, and clicked "Backup Now". It then told me to boot into recovery, which I did, but it never turned on/off. It just made the screen go black, however at the time it was plugged into my computer, and it did NOT disconnect. I then tried to boot into recovery and after holding the buttons for some time, nothing happened, except my phone disconnected from my computer. I then let go of the buttons and it reconnected. I also took the battery out and put it back in, and took the battery out and held the power button to drain it, then putting it back in, but no success there. To me, it looks like it's either bricked, or stuck trying to turn off, or something. Unless the phone is still recognized by the computer while the battery is out, then I have no idea. (Even when taking out the battery it doesn't disconnect. Only when holding down the power button for 10 or so seconds it actually disconnects). I could really use some help here, guys. My friend thinks it's because I didn't "install" TWRP before I backup, but I don't know if that is different from downloading it from the Play Store. Thanks, PersusjCP

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drkrleitch