Samsung Galaxy S7 won't charge on USB car changer after update

A

AC Question

Galaxy S7 won't charge on USB car changer after update

I have a Galaxy S7 running Android 6.0.1 on AT&T. I accepted an update about a week ago (early August) which seemed to install a "Rocket Boost" app of some sort. Since the update, I'm no longer able to charge my S7 via my car USB charger. I've tried multiple cables, adapters. It's not the cables, adapters, car power source. My phone charges fine via USB charger in my home (fast charging) and on my wireless charging pad.

From my testing, I'm certain this is related to the recent update. I've also noticed significant battery drain since the update. I'm thinking the issue is with the "Rocket Boost" app but I can't figure out how to uninstall this app or what it's actually called.

Anyone else experience this and have a solution?

thank you

the tall guy

Q&A Team
Sep 23, 2013
Visit site
Hi, this app - is it called Rocket Boost? are you able to see it in your apps list? it doesn't sound like an app that would come with an update from Samsung.

Have you tried powering your device in to safe mode and seeing if it charges? if it does, then you know the problem exists because of a 3rd party app.

DriftFish

Aug 19, 2016
Visit site
I've run in Safe Mode and the problem still persisted. I uninstalled suspected problem apps--AVG, Microsoft Health (these were the two most recent apps installed when the problem started). Problem persisted. I then did a factory reset but did not install AVG or Microsoft Health. Problem was resolved for 1 day, then came back. Ran again in Safe Mode, problem still persisted. Did another factory reset. Problem was resolved for 1 day then came back. I guess my next step is to do a factory reset and not reinstall apps and then add them one at a time and test after each install. What a pain.

I'm new to Android is this typical of Android to be so unstable? In the four months I've owned the S7 I've had to do a factory reset four times. I didn't do a single factory reset on my previous (no Android) phone in over the two years I owned it.