I cannot find setting to turn on android device manager.

A

AC Question

I am trying to turn on "Android Device Manager" on my (first) android phone. I am following googles directions and cannot find setting. In device security settings, there is nothing that says "Android Device Manager," where I can switch "Remotely locate this device and Allow remote lock and erase" on or off.

Stalonage

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
I am trying to turn on "Android Device Manager" on my (first) android phone. I am following googles directions and cannot find setting. In device security settings, there is nothing that says "Android Device Manager," where I can switch "Remotely locate this device and Allow remote lock and erase" on or off.

Android device manager is an app isn't it?

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
Welcome to the forums. What device do you have? Just in case, go to settings - security - device administrators and sure that Android Device Manager is checked.

BuskerBilly

Aug 25, 2016
Visit site
I have an Alcatel OneTouch Pop Icon.

I did as you suggested, and went into "Device Administrators" and "Allow Android Device Manager to lock or erase a lost device" is already checked. But when I log into device manager through a browser and with the Device Manager app, my device does not show up.

BuskerBilly

Aug 25, 2016
Visit site
Thanks for registering.
Welcome to Android Central.

It may be your device is not showing on your account yet.

Try logging in to Google Dashboard,
https://accounts.google.com/Service...nue=https://www.google.com/settings/dashboard

, and under Devices in Play Store there the Alcatel should be visible for ADM to wotk.

I presume you haven't changed the password as that can take 24 hours, I read somewhere.

//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160825/8ea1cb5da66cec220accabc12b54aaba.jpg

I don't know how to get to the screen that your screenshot shows. And I can't figure out how to take a screenshot of the screen I am on. I am getting very frustrated and ready to go back to an iDevice. Hopefully the learning curve isn't too steep.

I have clicked on your link. It does not bring up what your screenshot shows. It brings up a dashboard. Under Android when I click on "manage active devices" it says I have no active devices. Under play store, I do not see anything that lists devices. Only "view applications"

I am finding it really hard to believe that this is such a difficult thing.

BuskerBilly

Aug 25, 2016
Visit site
OK. Found the Google Play device settings when I logged in from my browser on my laptop. My device is showing up there. And there is a checkmark next to show in menus.

And I have not changed my google password since setting up this device yesterday.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non