Can't Disable Lock Screen Pin

nmrich

Aug 30, 2016
Visit site
I recently added an exchange email account to my phone so I could access my work email remotely. My company's security settings required that, among other things, I set a pin or password for my lock screen. I figured that was ok, but I quickly got tired of entering a pin just to check my text messages, and I deleted the exchange account from my phone. Now, I still can't change my lock screen security to swipe or none.

I've looked for advice and I've done everything I can think of, but the problem persists. There are no VPNs on my phone, I've unchecked all administrator privileges, I've cleared all credentials, I have no guest users or other accounts, no encryption...and I still can't change my lock screen back to how it was before. "None" and "Swipe" are both greyed out, with the message: "Disabled by administrator, encryption policy, or credential storage."

Is there any way to fix this without a hard reset?

TL;DR: exchange account security settings required pin to unlock screen; I deleted the account but I still can't revert my settings to "none" or "swipe."

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Just to be sure--when you say you cleared all credentials, you mean you went to Settings>Security>Clear Credentials​, correct?