How to download photos from S4 to a laptop ?

A

AC Question

Will any generic usb cable do, or do I need a cable specific to Samsung and where do I get it ?

anon(9983233)

Aug 3, 2016
Visit site
Great Question.

In regards to the "any USB cable" comment.. One might feel that this would be impossible.. but that's not entirely true. I've tested this a few days ago, because I misplaced my LG power cord. Using another (always keep a stock pile of extra USB power cord handy) power cord I was able to transfer images and data to and from my pc/smart phone. So yes it's possible to use an alternate power cord assuming it has the same configuration (same size connector) in order to plug-n-play your device.

TenshiNo

Aug 2, 2010
Visit site
To expand on TOASTERvan's comment: if you're buying a USB cable, be sure to pay attention to the packaging. Some of them specifically say "charging cable". Sometimes those that are labeled as "charging cable" don't have the two data pins connected at the ends. This makes them more secure to use for charging, if you are plugging in to a USB at the airport, for instance, but means that they are not able to transfer data by design. Double check the packaging, and make sure you know what you are buying.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty