Galaxy S5 Bluetooth - Connect to BLE devices

A

AC Question

Hi,
first time I'm asking a question here, so bear with me.

I own a Samsung Galaxy S5 (SM-G900F, Android 6.0.1, rooted), which I want to connect to a heart rate monitor (bluetooth low energy = BLE, chest belt) and a bike sensor (also BLE).
I put brand-new batteries in both sensors, and they show up fine in S5 Bluetooth scans ("Bike Combo sensor", "BLE Chest strap"). I also made sure to make the S5 visible to other devices.
When I select one of the sensors, the S5 will try "Pairing..." for a couple of seconds, then I get an error message "Can't communicate with Bike Combo sensor" (or chest strap, depending on which I'm pairing to).

That sucks. Please help.

For diagnostic purposes, here's some extra information:
I have paired my S5 with lots of other devices (speakers, computers, other phones) without trouble. I was not connected to any other Bluetooth devices when I tried connecting to the sensors.
My wife's Motorola X Style and iPad connect to the sensors just fine.
I revived a second old S5 (same android, also rooted) that I have lying around the house. Both S5 have the same trouble connecting to the sensors.

HELP!

zxmon21

Apr 1, 2015
Visit site
So... After trying for weeks to PAIR my BLE heart rate monitor, I figured it out today:

BLE devices SHOULD NOT BE PAIRED!

Read e.g. https://support.runkeeper.com/hc/en-us/articles/203496577-How-To-Pair-Your-Heart-Rate-Monitor-
2B. If you are using a BTLE HRM, do not pair the HRM to your phone and proceed to step 3
Instead, the app (e.g. Runkeeper) has a way to connect to the sensor (little heart symbol on the start screen)...

So it's the app that has to find the BLE device, no pairing...

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty