Editing in Adobe Premiere Elements

Iam3697

Aug 18, 2015
Visit site
I have Premier Elements 8 and I am trying to figure how to stretch the title I guess is what it is. I inserted a black video that Premier has and then I made a title. The title is an animation where it looks like it is being typed out. After it types out it only stays for a couple seconds and then disappears. The video is 10sec long. The title is set for 5sec long. I can stretch the title but then it would just type out slower and still only have a 2 seconds to read the title. After the title animation types out I want for the complete title to stay visible for about 5 seconds. So with a 10 second black video, the title will type out to the 5 second mark and then i what the title to stay there for another 5 seconds. How do i do that?

Micah W

Oct 11, 2016
Visit site
I use Premier CC so I'm not sure if you can do this in Elements but take a screenshot of the text (just the text if you have a moving background) then take that screenshot and import it back in. To take a screenshot in CC there is a button called export frame but I don't know if you have that. If the screenshot covers up what is in the background you can either use photoshop to get rid of it and save it a png or green screen the background as long as it's all one color, any color.

Iam3697

Aug 18, 2015
Visit site
Um, that sounds a bit involved. There is a time stretch but I think that slows the video down which might work if I can select that completed text. There is freeze frame but I wonder if I can freeze and stretch that section out. I'll have to keep looking.