LG Volt stuck in boot loop

Russ T Nutt

Oct 23, 2016
Visit site
LG Volt LS740 bone stock, Android version 4.4.2 boot loop. My phone went into a boot loop suddenly, without any input from me! Was using Facebook app when it spontaneously restarted, then went into boot loop. Only way to stop it was to remove the battery. Reinstall battery, turn on phone, still in boot loop. LG logo would appear first, followed by the Sprint splash screen,looping these two screens.

Removed battery for about 5 minutes, reinstalled ,no change. Went to Android recovery screen, did factory reset and wiped cache. Both operations successful. Now when I turn it on, I get the LG logo, then the Sprint screen, and then it keeps looping to the Sprint screen. Does not show the LG logo. Only way to stop is pull the battery.

Additional info, I am not a power user, only use it for email, Facebook, and web browsing. Only apps added are Facebook, Zedge, and Yahoo Mail. Any help appreciated!

the tall guy

Q&A Team
Sep 23, 2013
Visit site
Hi, were you able to find a resolution to this issue? your phone is pretty old - have you thought about getting a newer device?

If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Android Central.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress