System Error : Sorry,FotaUpdateReboot file is not exiting, an unexpected error happened

A

AC Question

Hello

I receive next error when I connect or when disconnect from WifI:System Error : Sorry,FotaUpdateReboot file is not exiting, an unexpected error happened.

What could be the issue (Lolypop 5.1) and how to resolve it?

Zyzigy

Oct 21, 2016
Visit site
Hi, This reply is probably a little late but I'll put it up in case anyone else has this problem.

It seems this issue occurs when components of the 'Firmware Over-the-Air' app get deleted somehow. The app kicks in when you connect or disconnect from WiFi to check for updated versions of Android for your device. I found this out after poking around in the root folder of my tablet.
There are a few options to fix it. You can try returning your device back to it's factory settings. If that doesn't work and you have a copy of your current Android ROM you can flash that and all should be back to normal. You can also try FotaFix on the Google Play Store. My device gave me no option to disable the auto update feature.
The last option will work if you, like me, have a device that will most likely never get an Android update. If your device is rooted, these are the steps to follow to get rid of the message:

1. Go to Google Play Store and download Titanium Backup.
2. Make a backup of 'Wireless update'
3. Then Uninstall 'Wireless update'.
4. Exit Titanium Backup and reboot your device.

The message should now be gone.

Cheers

Littlekevhh

Apr 12, 2017
Visit site
I have the same problem with my cell phone. So, your method works?
I´m gonna do that, but I want to know if this method works.
Oh almost forgot, did you have any problem when you did that? or if something happens when you deleted the "wireless update". Or it doesn't happen anything if you deleted the wireless update.
I'm Waiting for your answer.

rollyn

Apr 21, 2017
Visit site
Hi, This reply is probably a little late but I'll put it up in case anyone else has this problem.

It seems this issue occurs when components of the 'Firmware Over-the-Air' app get deleted somehow. The app kicks in when you connect or disconnect from WiFi to check for updated versions of Android for your device. I found this out after poking around in the root folder of my tablet.
There are a few options to fix it. You can try returning your device back to it's factory settings. If that doesn't work and you have a copy of your current Android ROM you can flash that and all should be back to normal. You can also try FotaFix on the Google Play Store. My device gave me no option to disable the auto update feature.
The last option will work if you, like me, have a device that will most likely never get an Android update. If your device is rooted, these are the steps to follow to get rid of the message:

1. Go to Google Play Store and download Titanium Backup.
2. Make a backup of 'Wireless update'
3. Then Uninstall 'Wireless update'.
4. Exit Titanium Backup and reboot your device.

The message should now be gone.

Cheers

Thank you for this solution,really works my problem on my android has been fixed... keep up the good works and keep sharing.

Last edited by a moderator:

Littlekevhh

Apr 12, 2017
Visit site
the text " some system packeges are needed for your phone to work properly. if you un-install the wrong package, it's your fault and you may to reinstall you rom" don't affect the phone if you uninstall wireless update??

TAMIL pasanga

May 4, 2018
Visit site
sorry fota update reboot file is not exiting,an unexpected error happened

Hiii.... I have the same problem and tried to reset my phone and I tried fota fix and titanium backup but it's not going I need the files for fota send link for the file old send and reply fast I need ur help+file pls send it fast...

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
123dzo