Question ADB command is not recognized

Jestina1992

Mar 1, 2024
Visit site
  • Can you help me diagnose why the ADB command is not recognized despite enabling USB debugging on my Android device?
  • What steps can I take to troubleshoot issues with ADB on Windows?
  • Are there any common reasons ADB might not work, even after enabling USB debugging

I want to do this, but how do I do it? "
Issue:
The ADB command is not recognized in the command prompt despite enabling USB debugging on your Android device and navigating to the correct directory containing the ADB executable.

Troubleshooting Steps Taken:

• Verified that you're in the correct directory containing the ADB executable.
  • Attempted to run the ADB command directly from the current directory using .adb.
  • Checked for any error messages when running the ADB command.
  • Restart your computer to see if it resolves the issue.
  • I considered reinstalling the Platform-Tools package if none of the above steps work.

Suppose you're still experiencing issues with the ADB command not being recognized. In that case, further troubleshooting may be needed, such as checking system PATH configuration, ensuring the ADB executable is not corrupted,"

17093190061709318704175blob.png

Mr. Lucky

Jul 25, 2023
Visit site
What do you mean exactly by "adb does not work"? Does it not execute on your computer? Does it execute but not do anything? Can your computer "see"your phone (check by executing "adb devices")? Any errors?

You mentioned enabling USB debugging on your device, that's good. If your doing this via wifi, you also need to enable Wireless debugging. Also, if you are running Android 11 or later (likely), you need to make an initial ADB connection over physical cable before you can connect wirelessly. Finally, if your device has a Developer option for "Disable permission monitor" (not all do), enable it.

Reactions: Laura Knotek

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Abdul Ali