Grandfather UDP vs. the "New" Verizon UDP

A

AC Question

I have a business account with 3 phones that are grandfathered UDP... One of my phones broke and decided to go to a corporate store to find out my options.

Some Background: About 2 months ago I went to the Verizon store to inquire about the Note 7 but as the Verizon store rep looked at my account, he told me that since I am a high GB user that I will get a notice that Verizon will kick me off the plan at the end of the month. So I said whatever and bought a used phone instead... However it has been 2 months and there was no letter and I am still using the grandfathered plan...

With this said another phone got shattered and I went today Nov. 1 to the Verizon store to inquire on some options. The Verizon store rep.. now tells me that my data is throttled after 5GB 4G of use to 3G which is unlimited. He tells me that the "NEW" Verizon Plan is a little cheaper and I should just switch to use the "NEW" plan to take advantage of New phone discounts. He says that I am using the "exactly" same service as the "NEW" Verizon plan but paying at a higher price.

What is the truth here? I'm confused. Is my grandfathered plan throttled to 3G after 5 GB... limited to 5 GB?... or is the 100GB limit the "real" limit? what is going on here? What are your recommendations? Is it still best to keep the grandfathered UDP? or is the NEW Verizon UDP better?

Thanks for reading!!!

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
I have a business account with 3 phones that are grandfathered UDP... One of my phones broke and decided to go to a corporate store to find out my options.

Some Background: About 2 months ago I went to the Verizon store to inquire about the Note 7 but as the Verizon store rep looked at my account, he told me that since I am a high GB user that I will get a notice that Verizon will kick me off the plan at the end of the month. So I said whatever and bought a used phone instead... However it has been 2 months and there was no letter and I am still using the grandfathered plan...

With this said another phone got shattered and I went today Nov. 1 to the Verizon store to inquire on some options. The Verizon store rep.. now tells me that my data is throttled after 5GB 4G of use to 3G which is unlimited. He tells me that the "NEW" Verizon Plan is a little cheaper and I should just switch to use the "NEW" plan to take advantage of New phone discounts. He says that I am using the "exactly" same service as the "NEW" Verizon plan but paying at a higher price.

What is the truth here? I'm confused. Is my grandfathered plan throttled to 3G after 5 GB... limited to 5 GB?... or is the 100GB limit the "real" limit? what is going on here? What are your recommendations? Is it still best to keep the grandfathered UDP? or is the NEW Verizon UDP better?

Thanks for reading!!!

As far as I know, all of the new Verizon plans offer unlimited data, as in unlimited access. You get throttled down to 2G speeds when you hit your cap.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress