Location Manager Can't Find Phone BUT Somehow Knows It's Been Online??

A

AC Question

I lost my phone several weeks ago. Location Manager hasn't been able to find it, but it somehow manages to update its "Last Online" date and time. (So the battery can't be dead, right? Meaning someone must have it and be using/charging it, right?)
It has been online every day since I lost it, but the location remains unknown. Any ideas as to how I might be able to locate it?
This is besides the point, but, for the record, I've tried locking the phone, displaying a message, and making it ring. I'm not sure if it has been working, and, if it has been working, whoever has it hasn't responded to my pleas.

unluckyme

Nov 16, 2016
Visit site
Yeah, I tried changing the PW... haven't wiped it because I'm still holding out hope I'll be able to locate it (and whoever found it takes pity on me and finally responds to my texts etc.)
It is a Motorolla.... I've tried Motorolla's "find my phone" and Google Map's history, as well...
I just don't understand how, if the phone is on and registering on the Motorolla network, that it can't find its location (even approximate based on pings or whatever)

unluckyme

Nov 16, 2016
Visit site
I can't tell if someone is actively using it. I had it PW protected and I locked it via the Motorolla Device Manager (or at least tried to; there's no way to verify any of my locks, messages, etc. are going through). I haven't seen any activity on my gmail location activity monitor ... Normally I would've just assumed it is long gone, stolen and SIM replaced, etc. but the fact that the Motorolla Device Manager is still tracking and logging its location has me wondering what's going on! I've had phones stolen before but this has never happened before... and I'd love to get to the bottom of it.

unluckyme

Nov 16, 2016
Visit site
Yes, I tried the links. My location history seems to have switched over to my current phone when I replaced my lost/stolen phone with a new one. I don't see any activity suggesting the phone has been unlocked or used. In fact, I kept the SIM active for several days after and didn't see any calls/use on my bill.

Again, I'd think it was stolen, SIM switched, etc. and long gone if it weren't for the fact that it's still showing up on my Motorolla Location Manager and registering the last time it was active.

Thanks for your help.... hope I eventually get to the bottom of it!

t3kn0mage

May 3, 2017
Visit site
I lost my cellphone recently and I'm facing exactly the same problem as the OP.. when attempting to locate the phone using Android Device Manager, the Location shows unavailable but it also shows that it was recently online, as early as today (May 3rd). How can this be possible? I'm assuming it's quite likely that someone's found my cellphone and is using it, and has probably switched off Location services. I've tried to set a new Lock and even send a msg to the person via ADM but seems to be of no use here. If Google's ADM shows that the phone was online earlier today, then maybe it's able to identify it based on the phone's IMEI.. but how can I track it down further? Any clues??

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty