google mesh home system wifi switching location on phone can't stop

y2jman

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
so that thing the did last night map seems to show my city web but it still screwly because phone still saying his zipcode sometimes when i google stuff on phone and i went on computer check in still displaying franklin and my city same thing twitter so it seems if i want to check in some places it's going to be mess up for a good while either computer or phone at home using wifi

i told him it still screwed up he told me not going to do this right now i asked next month made a stupid remark and then i told him it's your fault this happened you should had configure setup my house instead yours wished still had my netgear router never had no issues

i really don't know how to reset mesh so seems i have to suffer for a while surely he will fixed it by at least by aug

i know i got eye surgey vanderbilt on 10th supposed to have to go to his house thurs i think which and he and his wife going on vacation mexico that friday

just text me back he doesn't like me to complain he said he will fixed it next time in town so i'm hoping he will reconfigure/set up in my location instead of his so that everything will be normal on computer and phone again like it always been on netgear before switch mesh sun afternoon

spARTacus

Sep 9, 2018
Visit site
In theory, you should be able to find clear installation and setup instructions (online) for whatever product(s) it is that you have. However, I have heard that for some of these mesh products the manufacturers don't provide good details and they just expect everyone to blindly follow/use an app that has to be downloaded.

y2jman

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
Yeah and thing is not mess up computer upstairs or parents phone despite theirs iPhone location is only affecting my computer and phone downstairs I guess because it's main one there are 2 other mesh 1 in office upstairs and bedroom got switches on them maybe switch causing issue I don't know

spARTacus

Sep 9, 2018
Visit site
I already suggested to you that you should turn off Wi-Fi accuracy assist for location, for on all/any devices that are experiencing the location problems. Maybe turn it off for Bluetooth assist for accuracy location also while you are at it. Not 100% sure if that will solve your problems, but it can't harm.

y2jman

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
I know just never had to be in this situation where I have to up until now since never turn off since getting phone before Christmas last year then again was also using net gear router until taken out sun afternoon mesh junk put in
Now in town got wifi off and data on no issues stay in my city

so when i come home it's good but when put wifi then check in screw up i just look into map on phone sure enough franklin few mins then back to my city yep what he did yesterday might be temp thing but didn't help nothing on my end at all failed

Last edited:

spARTacus

Sep 9, 2018
Visit site
...what he did yesterday might be temp thing but didn't help nothing on my end at all failed
if off Wi-Fi location accuracy assist and good all round, then fail not your brother did but crappy product google from and crappy concept assist location design must

y2jman

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
tell me something is only way to get this fixed he will have to come up here reset/reconfigure it again to my location then computer and phone will stay on my city right? i wished i knew how to fixed it on my end but not sure if i can too afraid if did screw up upstairs mesh in computer room/office parents bedroom

Last edited:

spARTacus

Sep 9, 2018
Visit site
..i wished i knew how to fixed it on my end but not sure if i can too afraid if did screw up upstairs mesh...

On your phone, turn Wi-Fi location accuracy assist off, and let us know if that helps to fix it. You can do that yourself without any help required from anyone else, and without needing to change anything on the mesh/network settings.

y2jman

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
it will still exist on computer allthough since it's going to computer to phone and no it didn't help i turn it off and when i check into facebook it's still showing franklin and my city home wifi on phone

now it change back to my city not showing but it will flip flop back few mins

i wished someway correct it on computer on my end but not sure can if my brother isn't coming back down prob be awhile got alot of stuff going on with his kids this weekend sun is no go going up to his house celebrate father day with him

ya know what i'm saying right if location get fixed via computer then it will stay on my city on phone no longer flip flop

Last edited:

spARTacus

Sep 9, 2018
Visit site
it will still exist on computer allthough since it's going to computer to phone and no it didn't help i turn it off and when i check into facebook it's still showing franklin and my city home wifi on phone

now it change back to my city not showing but it will flip flop back few mins

i wished someway correct it on computer on my end but not sure can if my brother isn't coming back down prob be awhile got alot of stuff going on with his kids this weekend sun is no go going up to his house celebrate father day with him

ya know what i'm saying right if location get fixed via computer then it will stay on my city on phone no longer flip flop
All of the devices in your home (phones, tablets, PCs, laptops, gameBoxes, etc...) are probably individually aware of your Wi-Fi details (SSID, transmitter MAC address, etc...) and are probably individually reporting that to Google, Apple, Microsoft, etc..., and then asking those companies for location based on that information. Google, Apple, Microsoft, etc... probably all have databases that indicate your Wi-Fi details as located in your brother's city. Turn off Wi-Fi location accuracy assist on all of the devices in your home and then those devices will probably stop getting the erroneous city location from those companies. I am not sure if that is what is happening in your situation, but it seems like it could be the case. There is probably a setting on the computers (PCs, laptops) that is basically the same as the similar setting for Wi-Fi location accuracy assist that you will find on your phone. Turn those settings all off for a few days and see what happens.

Last edited: