WiFi off.. and battery drains?

A

AC Question

Moto G4 (1 month old), Marshmallow 6.0.1.

Happens when I go to sleep. I'm always in Airplane mode, using WiFi, which I turn off... and the next day, 2-3% has been drained (used to be 0-1%).
Battery graph shows a little slope where the only thing on is apparently WiFi... how is this possible?

Location and Scanning always off. No apps like TuneIn, Facebook, Messenger. Also set to 2.4 GHz only. Keep on while sleep is set to Always; but I said I turn my WiFi off, so I don't think this is related...

I noted I still get one notification from a game, which only works by a timer.
Also, the usage shows WiFi turning on BY ITSELF, after one or two hours... and staying like that.

The other thing I can think of, is WhatsApp backup, which creates itself at 2 AM (Drive enabled). But how can that turn my WiFi on, and never upload it? It does upload when I intentionally turn WiFi on after waking up.

420lyfe

Nov 1, 2016
Visit site
Still many processes are going on in the background even if you go on airplane mode or not. 2-3% is extremely reasonable. To be perfectly honest I have never seen someone report that 2-3% seems to be an issue... I highly doubt it. You can try turning your phone off which is the same thing as airplane mode possibly even better and the loss of battery percentage will drop even lower.