Strange WiFi behavior

A

AC Question

Every night before going to sleep I put my phone in Airplane Mode.

The next morning, battery graph shows WiFi getting turned on at some point during the night and staying like that, even though it is still turned OFF when I wake up.

I'm suspicious about WhatsApp backup, as it happens around 2 AM (coherent with the graph) and I have Drive enabled. Is that messing with my WiFi?

No backups are uploaded while sleeping, WiFi shows OFF in the morning and only after turning it on again, backup starts uploading... what's causing my WiFi to "ghostly" turn on??? (and use battery. Because it drains more than what it would normally drain if this did not happen)

Note there sometimes is a one pixel wide "Awake" usage. Screen always off, of course. Phone standing by from 7 to 10 hours.

I don't have any other known-to-screw-up apps such as TuneIn, Facebook, Messenger, etc.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Go to Settings>Location, tap Menu>Scanning, and make sure wi-fi scanning is turned off. This might be located in a different menu, depending on your device. Try also in Settings>Wi-fi, ​tap Menu>Advanced, and look for the Wi-fi Scanning option.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ecstasy89