Google App Opening by itself on Galaxy S6

A

AC Question

Hello everyone,
My phone has recently begun randomly launching the google app while I am using it. This problem was first very intermittent, but has become more persistent as time has gone on. This seems to be happening more when I am using an app that is using a large amount of data. While streaming a video on instagram, google will continuously pop up even after I've closed it. I have also begun having this problem while using voice to text and during calls as well.

This does not only happen while I'm using the phone. I have had to setup a lock password because google would randomly open while the phone was in my pocket and drain the battery. I notice that it is still trying to open though because my display will randomly open to the lock screen after the display has timed out and the phone is locked.

Another odd issue is that when the google app randomly opens, the display will not time out. Google will stay open and drain my battery. When this happens the lock button will usually not work as well. I have to leave the app, and then wait for the screen to time out to lock the phone and regain control of my lock button. Again, if I do not leave the google app the phone will not time out.

The last odd issue is that my home button has appeared to become incorrectly mapped. One button press does not exit apps and return home, it opens google. Two quick button presses also opens google. One thing I have noticed is that if I tap my home button, that appears to bring me home most of the time, however, sometimes that opens google as well.

I know this all seems weird but I've exhausted a lot of the options on the internet and have no idea what could be causing the issue. Any help you can give me would be great, I use this phone for my business and my phone has become borderline unusable. Thanks!

Claude Speed

Nov 24, 2014
Visit site
Hello everyone,
My phone has recently begun randomly launching the google app while I am using it. This problem was first very intermittent, but has become more persistent as time has gone on. This seems to be happening more when I am using an app that is using a large amount of data. While streaming a video on instagram, google will continuously pop up even after I've closed it. I have also begun having this problem while using voice to text and during calls as well.

This does not only happen while I'm using the phone. I have had to setup a lock password because google would randomly open while the phone was in my pocket and drain the battery. I notice that it is still trying to open though because my display will randomly open to the lock screen after the display has timed out and the phone is locked.

Another odd issue is that when the google app randomly opens, the display will not time out. Google will stay open and drain my battery. When this happens the lock button will usually not work as well. I have to leave the app, and then wait for the screen to time out to lock the phone and regain control of my lock button. Again, if I do not leave the google app the phone will not time out.

The last odd issue is that my home button has appeared to become incorrectly mapped. One button press does not exit apps and return home, it opens google. Two quick button presses also opens google. One thing I have noticed is that if I tap my home button, that appears to bring me home most of the time, however, sometimes that opens google as well.

I know this all seems weird but I've exhausted a lot of the options on the internet and have no idea what could be causing the issue. Any help you can give me would be great, I use this phone for my business and my phone has become borderline unusable. Thanks!
Home button is dying

nahoku

Jan 26, 2013
Visit site
Start your phone in Safe mode. It might not be Google... it might be an app you installed using Google. See if the problem still persists in Safe mode. As for your home button, not sure what's up with that, but as Claud Speed eludes to, it might be stuck or failing... maybe.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ecstasy89