*URGENT* My Phone Is Stuck on No Command, but it is Flashing and Won't let me do Anything

A

AC Question

I am using a Nexus 5x and rooted and unlocked bootloader on my phone yesterday using Nexus Root Toolkit. Everything was going fine, I messed with some build.prop, adding lines from the internet to improve things like call quality, video and picture quality, changed the frame rate to 90fps, etc. Nothing that would ruin the phone.

I also modified ro.product.model to Pixel XL, and added ro.opa.eligible_device=true so that I could use the Google Assistant. It was going great and I had no problems until when I was stupid enough to update the phone to the new Nougat 7.11 that came out today. The phone was then stuck on either the bootloader or recovery mode, whenever I tried to reboot it or turn it off and turn it back on, all I'd get was the "No command" screen. I tried everything, including completely wiping the phone, but nothing worked.

I then went back to the Nexus Root Toolkit and attempted to Unroot the phone. It seemed to work and said that the phone would appear to be on a bootloop for up to 20 minutes. It's been constantly flashing the "No command" screen for about half an hour to an hour.

Can anyone help? This is pretty much a brand new phone and I don't care about data being wiped, I just want to be able to use it again. Thank you.

Dec 16, 2016
Visit site
Quick note as well: the screen is not constant in its flashes. It will flash the No command screen every couple seconds, but sometimes will take longer. It is completely black but the screen is still on when it's not flashing.

jeffhaskins

May 2, 2016
Visit site
I think you are in recovery. On some devices it will say No Command until you press volume up. If it works you will have stock recovery options like wipe data, etc. I've had this on some LG devices...but I've never owned a Nexus.

Dec 16, 2016
Visit site
I've tried holding the power button and pressing volume up and pressing all the buttons and holding them for however long, nothing is turning it on. I think that it would work if it would stay on the screen for more than half a second, it's just flashing the No command screen.

Dec 16, 2016
Visit site
Thanks heaps but we're just gonna return it and get a replacement, since we have a 14 day money back guarantee. I don't think we have a computer that can support that kind of stuff as well. Anyway thanks everyone for the help!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty