I can't delete music on my xperia!

magnuslennon

Dec 28, 2016
Visit site
Hi, I'm having a problem with my Xperia M2. Recently, my spotify premium trial has ran out so I want to transfer some music from a few CDs to my phone. I deleted all the old music as I wanted to do it from scratch from the This PC\D2303\SD Card\Music directory on my computer and began adding my new music to that folder. Once I was done, I opened up my phone to check if my music was working properly etc, but when I go onto my library all my old music is there but none of the new music is. I can still play it to even though I deleted it all?

I'm very confused and any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Magnus

jeffhaskins

May 2, 2016
Visit site
Mtp, in my opinion is worse to deal with than the mass storage of Android past. Mass storage was instant, like a flash drive. With mtp (standard on JB and up) I usually have to reboot so that the phone re-reads the media. It's kind of a pain in the butt... I would try a simple reboot and it should take care of it.

magnuslennon

Dec 28, 2016
Visit site
I've tried that, and I've tried a reset of my phone (backed up photos etc) but the music is still there! THIS IS REALLY WEIRD IDK WTF IS GOING ON

Update: Windows Media Player won't sync the phone either, and displays it as having no music files on it